Are you facing trouble sleeping? As everyone does, when it comes to getting a night of good sleep, you know how to set the scene by darkening the window curtains, lower the temperature of the room and follow all the healthy habits. But you might also want to check if the direction of your bed is in the perfect line with the principles of Vastu Shastra. Placement of the bed in the wrong direction can be bad for the health and might result in negativity or stress. As per the Vastu Shastra bedroom bed direction that is good for your health should be followed to get a good night’s sleep. As per Vastu, in which direction we should sleep. Let’s answer this.
What is the Recommended Sleeping Direction as per Vastu Shastra?
So, below are some of the tips on the best bed direction to sleeping position Vastu Shastra
- In the master bedroom, the headboard of the bed should be facing the west or south direction. This makes sure that the toes should be pointing towards the north or the east when sleeping. This is also considered the best direction to sleep scientifically.
- The South is always considered to be the best bed direction as per Vastu when sleeping. Thus, the position of the bed can be tweaked. As per Vastu, the south position is completely linked with prosperity and lots of happiness and you get the best quality of sleep.
- The headboard of the children’s bedroom should be ideally in the east. This helps to improve the health and concentration of the children.
- If you are in the pursuit of fame and wealth, the head direction while sleeping should be in the west. The feet should be towards the east.
- Master bedrooms should always be located in the south-west direction of the house.
- Always tend to design the guest bedroom or the children’s bedroom towards the north-west. This is the best direction considered.
- The bed should always be positioned in the center of the bedroom. The bed should never be placed against any sharp wall corners or if it is directly under the beam.
- The mirrors and doors of the room should not be facing the bed.
- Avoid placement of the bed in front of the window. As per Vastu Shastra, this is not considered to be a good design.
- The headboard should not be placed against the windows. As windows allow natural light and air to come in, but they interfere with the quality of sleep. The only way to fix this problem is to put thick curtains on the windows.
Also Read, How to Remove Vastu Dosh from Home?
What are the Other Sleeping Suggestions as per Vastu Shastra?
Vastu Shastra is much concerned with the electromagnetic energies with the health of your sleep. This is reflected in the principles of the Indian Architectural. Like, you should never sleep with your head pointing towards the north as recommended by practitioners.
Some of the sleeping suggestions are:
- Keep the electronics items out of the room.
- Avoid facing the mirrors in front of your bed.
- Avoid cluttering your bedroom.
- Always try to paint the walls with light colors like white, cream, or even light earth tones.
- Closing of the windows and doors inside the room.
Only married couples should sleep in the master bedroom as per vastu shastra. If the family consists of a married couple and other members of the family who are unmarried. It is recommended to have a regular-shaped bedroom than the one with cuts and shapes that will beautify the look of the room.
Vastu and Pregnancy
The couple who sleeps in the north-east bedroom will always find it difficult to conceive and even if they sleep, it can end up in having a miscarriage. It is also said, that the woman who has conceived should not sleep in the bedroom facing southeast direction, as it is known that there will be too much heat in the bedroom.
Things to Avoid Placing in Your Bedroom According to Vastu Shastra
- Avoid hanging photographs on the wall of the deceased ancestors.
- Never place a temple in the bedroom.
- Remove every piece of broken or chipped item.
- Avoid using a wrought iron bed. Wooden beds are always considered to be the best.
- Avoid using a round ceiling above the bed and never sleep under an overhead beam.
As the direction of sleep gets more attention in Eastern medicine, there is more research that needs to be done as per the practices of Vastu Shastra. It will not hurt if you try to alter your sleep position to check if you can notice any type of difference. If you are still having trouble getting a good night’s sleep even after altering the sleep position, visit a doctor. As not getting good health sleep and enough sleep increases the risk of diseases that includes high blood pressure, diabetes, or even heart disease.